This blog has received another award. Apparently someone thinks of The Caffeinated Globe as a versatile (with integrity, I hope) blog, and has passed along The Versatile Blogger Award to us.
It's celebration time again. [Yes, to us, it's a joy to receive an award. And it's a joy to be regarded in the blogland as a versatile (with integrity) blog.] A slice of carrot cake, pictured above, is a yummily sweet present from us--Steven Hui, my longtime friend and the other Co-President of this blog, and me, to you readers. I think carrot cake is a yummily versatile (in terms of taste, aroma, ingredients, etc.) dessert in itself (its versatility comes with integrity, of course). As for a caffeinated drink to enhance or complement the yumminess of this slice of carrot cake, I leave it up to you.
Elizabeth Porter a.k.a. Frenchieliza of The Foodie Mommie, located in Marion, Iowa, U.S.A., passed along the award to us. You can read about it here. Steven and I appreciatively thank Elizabeth for the award.
Elizabeth's blog is lovely and lively. Her "Kitchen Team", comprised of four sous chefs: her little son, her husband, and their two furry friends. Now you know why her blog has received the Versatile Blog Award.
The award comes with rules. Some of them are: I must tell 7 things about myself ; and I must pass along the award to 15 other blogs which I have recently discovered and think are fantastic. I'm more than happy to oblige to the rules.
TELL 7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
(in no particular order)
1. One of the savory food I enormously like is Hawaiian pizza. I like its Italian food-meets-Polynesian American food beingness.
2. I have a habit of saying the same things again and again to my friends.
3. One of the munchies/snacks I enormously like is roasted pumpkin seeds. I like it plain, salted, or spiced with any kind(s) of spices. I always feel cheerfully energetic after eating roasted pumpkin seeds.
4. I strongly believe people should be polite. We don't have to be nice or sweet, but we should be polite. Being impolite says a lot about "where" the person came from; how the person was brought up; how things have been going on and will go on in the person's life; and the core of the person as a human being.
5. One of the alcoholic (non-caffeinated) cocktail drinks I enormously like is gin & tonic. Refreshingly alcoholic it is.
6. I can't sew; I can't knit; I can't do tatting; I can't do embroidery. I can do cross stitches (quite well, I must say). And I can crochet, only easy patterns.
7. One of the caffeinated (non-alcoholic) drinks I enormously like is iced matcha chocolate (or cocoa) drink. Refreshingly caffeinated it is (Only if the drink is made from matcha tea leaves, not powder.)
GIVE THE AWARD TO 15 OTHER BLOGS:
(in alphabetical order of blog name)
1. American in Norway by American in Norway
Location: Fredrikstad, Østfold, Norway
2. Anything Davao by Vernz
Location: Davao City, Philippines
3. Autumn Twig by Autumn Twig
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
4. Hollywood Chic: Lavish Hollywood on a Real Frugal Budget by Hollywood Geek Chic
Location: Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
5. Inspiration in Italy by Rachel
Location: Rome, Italy
6. Miss Emily's Closet by Emily
Location: Kentuckiana, Indiana, U.S.A.
7. Mommy of Boys by Mom2zqb
8. Niqis Nook by Niqi
Location: Creston, British Columbia, Canada
9. Papillon Bleu UK by Papillon Bleu
Location: Kent, England, U.K.
10. Sallygoodin by Pam
Location: Hawaii, U.S.A.
11. Smart Shopaholic by Smart Shopaholic
Location: California, U.S.A.
12. Songberries by Carol
Location: Utah, U.S.A.
13. The Big Red Barn by Barb and Steve
Location: Amish Country, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
14. They Call Me Old Fashioned by Diana
15. Spilling Some Sassiness by Nikki San
The rules for accepting the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
- Place the award button/logo in your post about the award.
- Contact the 15 bloggers and let them know about the award.
- I have checked; none of the 15 blogs says, "award free."
- The rules for accepting this award does not specify listing the 15 other blogs in alphabetical order of blog name (or in any order). It's the way I prefer to do it.
- I have searched about the origin and creator of this award, but haven't yet found any info. I found that there are two versions of the award button/logo; I have placed both versions in this post. To the 15 bloggers: you may choose either version.
~ Written by JANUARY ASIA. Copyright © January Asia & Steven Hui. All rights reserved.
~ Photography by JEFFEDOE/JEFF. Published under a Creative Commons license. View on Flickr: here.
Versatile Blogger Award Bestowed on The Caffeinated Globe
Check out these ideas, recipes & tutorials
I am sure you have already been on this year's searching process for Thanksgiving ideas, recipes, and tutorials. I am happy to present...
Thanksgiving and autumn desserts with kids in mind. Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, decorated with hand-made mar...
The centerpiece of lollipops and candy you are seeing was initially made for a wedding candy buffet table. That being said, the decoratio...
A super-easy recipe of "dirt cake" (or "worm dirt cake") for a super-fun Easter party. Dirt Cake INGREDIENTS 3...
When was the last time you had a slice of fruit pie along with a cup (or mug) of hot tea for breakfast? It was marvelous, isn't it? ...
Cupcakes for Party has previously published posts with a focus on Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes: here and here . And today this new post ...
No-Bake Chocolate Sugar Plums Recipe Annie of Annie's Art Book sure loves all things deliciously old-world charming. Her (adapted) ...
I'm very fond of chandeliers. Oh, especially crystal chandeliers. I think they are ones of the greatest beauties in the world. In th...
The very dessert for Father's Day cookout or barbecue lunch party: a (giant) hamburger cake (or cheeseburger cake or big burger cake...
For kids' birthday, a Lego-themed party ensures one of the greatest fun and delight. If you want lego cake pops as party centerpieces ...